Step back in history on this WWI Memorials & Battlefields tour. Your tour begins and ends in Paris with two overnights also in Amiens, the city where the Battle of Amiens took place in 1918, resulting in the end of the 'Great War.' During your three days of touring the sites, you'll visit memorials and museums dedicated to the fallen soldiers. Honor the Canadian soldiers with visits to the Canadian National Memorial at Vimy and the Newfoundland Memorial Park at Beaumont-Hamel, dedicated to the over 800 Newfoundland soldiers who died in WWI and had no known graves. For the Australians, visit the Australian First Division Memorial in Pozieres; VC Corner Australian Cemetery & Memorial in Fromelles, which holds the graves of 410 Australian soldiers killed in the Battle of Fromelles; the Australian National Memorial, commemorating all Australian soldiers who fought in France and Belgium during WWI; and the Franco-Australian Museum, which depicts the story of the Australian Imperial Force, especially on the Western Front in 1918. Also take photos at the Australian Memorial of Mont Saint-Quentin. Pay homage to New Zealand soldiers at the New Zealand Memorial and visit the Carriere Wellington Museum, a museum dedicated to the men who built the network of tunnels-mainly miners from the New Zealand Tunneling Company-and who fought in the Battle of Arras in 1917. Near the start of your tour, you'll visit the Musee de la Grande Guerre in Meaux, where you'll get a better understanding of the war, and your tour's final museum will be the Museum of the Great War in Peronne. This World War I Memorials & Battlefields tour is a must for anyone interested in history and particularly World War I!
Call (847) 455-8897 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482633
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris! Balance of the day at leisure.|
|Day 2||AMIENS||At 8 am, start your thrilling journey to the World War I battlefields at Meaux to visit the MUSEE DE LA GRANDE GUERRE, opened in 2011, to get a better understanding of the 'Great War.' Then, enter the Somme department, and visit the AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL MEMORIAL and the FRANCO-AUSTRALIAN MUSEUM in Villers-Bretonneux. Arrive in Amiens, the city where the Battle of Amiens took place in 1918, which resulted in the end of the war. (B,D)|
|Day 3||AMIENS||First stop is in Fromelles to visit the VC CORNER AUSTRALIAN CEMETERY & MEMORIAL, then head for Vimy to visit the CANADIAN NATIONAL MEMORIAL. Also visit the fascinating CARRIERE WELLINGTON MUSEUM, and marvel at the tunnels that were created in the former chalk quarries, mainly built by miners from the New Zealand Tunneling Company in 1916. (B)|
|Day 4||Paris||Visit the AUSTRALIAN FIRST DIVISION MEMORIAL in Pozieres, the NEW ZEALAND MEMORIAL of Longueval, and the NEWFOUNDLAND MEMORIAL PARK at Beaumont-Hamel. Continue to Peronne, take pictures of the AUSTRALIAN MEMORIAL of Mont Saint-Quentin, and visit the MUSEUM OF THE GREAT WAR before returning to Paris. (B)|
|Day 5||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $365Triple room reduction per person:$49Extra nights per person in Paris:Pre tour: in single room $151-$177, in twin $87-$100, in triple $87-$97Post tour: in single room $278-$489, in twin $141-$246, in triple $129-$199
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).