On this Italy escorted tour, you'll travel from Rome to Milan with overnights also in Assisi and Padua. Along the way, you'll visit some of the country's most famous sights, including the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Square and Basilica in Rome; Signoria Square in Florence; St. Francis' Basilica in Assisi, where the saint is buried; Juliet's balcony in Verona; and the glass-domed Galleria in Milan, filled with designer shops and famous cafes.From Padua, you'll have an excursion to the romantic city of Venice, where your walking tour includes the must-see sights, such as famous St. Mark's Square and the byzantine Basilica. On another excursion, you'll travel from Milan to Lake Como, regarded as one of Europe's most beautiful lakes. You'll take a private boat ride to Bellagio, the "Pearl of Lake Como," and taste local pastries at a historic bakery that has been in Orvieto for more than 100 years, and a special farewell risotto dinner in Milan.From the authentic, tasty food to the historic sites, magnificent cathedrals, and beautiful scenery, this Italy guided tour is sure to delight.
Call (847) 455-8897 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13748574
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a special welcome dinner at one of Rome's lively restaurants. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||Guided sightseeing includes inside visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, and monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, drive to the Roman Forum and see the amazing Colosseum, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore famous sites for those who wish to see it all. (B)|
|Day 3||Assisi||Stop in Orvieto, perched high atop a volcanic rock. Access, denied to many a would-be conqueror through the ages, is easy for you. Time to browse through tempting shops in the lanes off Piazza del Duomo, and to admire the fabulous gothic cathedral. [LF] Taste local pastries at Caffe Montanucci, a historic pasticceria (bakery) for more than 100 years, before continuing to Assisi for your overnight stay. On your walking tour see St. Francis' Basilica, the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God's creatures. (B)|
|Day 4||Padua||In Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance,' follow your Local Guide on a walking tour. See the magnificent marble cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gate of Paradise,' and a visit to sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Continue through the Apennine Mountains and the flat Po area to Padua for an orientation of St. Anthony's city and your overnight stay. (B)|
|Day 5||Padua||A short drive brings you to Venice. Enter in style by PRIVATE BOAT and meet your Local Guide. Highlights of your walking tour are ST. MARK'S SQUARE and the byzantine BASILICA, lavish DOGES' PALACE and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. Afterwards, enjoy Venice at your own pace or join an optional cruise to the charming island of Burano. (B)|
|Day 6||Milan||Arrive in Verona, medieval setting of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Take pictures of Juliet's balcony and rub the shining breast of her statue for good luck. Continue to the Arena, an incredibly well-preserved pink marble Roman amphitheater, where gladiators once fought. Built in the 1st century AD, it is now the magical venue for world-famous opera performances. Then, on to the dynamic city of Milan. Follow your Tour Director for a pleasant walk to see La Scala Opera House, the glass-domed GALLERIA, and the magnificent gothic Duomo. (B)|
|Day 7||Milan||Lake Como is regarded as one of Europe's most beautiful lakes and has attracted many aristocrats and famous people to come and live there in one of the many villas that line the lakeshore. Enjoy [LF] a PRIVATE BOAT RIDE and visit picturesque Bellagio, the 'Pearl of Lake Como' and already popular as a destination in Roman times. This evening, back in Milan, [LF] a special farewell risotto dinner awaits at Calafuria Unione restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Milan||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $257Triple room reduction per person.$40Extra nights per person in Rome:in single room $111-$140, in twin $90-$118, in triple $80-$104Extra nights per person in Milan:in single room $111-$356, in twin $77-$204, in triple $73-$158
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).