Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2022
Don't miss a thing on this epic Croatia and Slovenia trip where the travel highlight is a heart-warming visit with Monika and Gregor on their ecological farm near Lake Bled. Along with all the main sights, you'll soak up the sun-kissed village atmosphere on the sparkling Adriatic.
- Explore Zagreb, Pula, Rovinj, Plitvice National Park, Trogir, Split and Dubrovnik with a Local Specialist
- Discover Ljubljana, Bled, Opatija and Ston
- Visit the Church of Assumption on Bled Island, the arena in Pula, Diocletian's Palace in Split and the salt pans in Ston
- View the Park of Sv. Jakov in Opatija
- See Zagreb's Ban Jelacic Square, the Triple Bridge and Castle of Ljubljana and the Old City of Dubrovnik
- Scenic Cruise to Bled Island
- Connect With Locals On their fifth-generation-owned family farm in Bled, you'll enjoy an exclusive Be My Guest dinner and guided walk around the farm with Monika, Gregor, their children and the resident farm animals.
- Dive into Culture In Ston, visit the salt pans that back to the 2nd century BC and are surrounded by expansive fortifications still intact to this day.
- Dive Into Culture See the ancient fortress built in Split as a retirement residence for Roman Emperor Diocletian in the 4th century.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Admire the irresistible beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO-listed protected area and home to bears, wolves and many rare bird species.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 10 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (847) 455-8897 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627263
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zagreb||Welcome to Zagreb: Embark on an off-the-beaten track discovery of Croatia. The capital city of Zagreb is your springboard to an enchanting journey through what was once a troubled region and is today a land of diverse cultures and traditions. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive.|
Hilton Garden Inn
|Day 2||Lakeside Bled||Journey to Lakeside Bled: Spend the morning exploring Zagreb with a Local Specialist before travelling through romantic landscapes to the lakeside resort town of Bled, where we'll stay the next two nights.|
|Day 3||Bled||Discover Enchanting Bled: Spend today exploring this magnificent setting on your terms, but not before a scenic boat ride on Lake Bled's crystal-clear waters to Bled Island to view its Church of the Assumption. This evening, at our Be My Guest experience, savour local Slovenian flavours as you Connect With Locals at a traditional dinner with a local family.|
|Day 4||Ljubljana and Opatija||Onwards to Ljubljana and Opatija: We leave the beauty of Bled behind for one of Europe's smallest capitals. Embark on an orientation tour of Ljubljana this morning, admiring its Old Town, bridges and castle. We continue to the seaside resort of Opatija.|
|Day 5||Pula and Rovinj||Enjoy a Day in Pula and Rovinj: Seaside splendour is on the agenda and you'll start your day in the coastal city of Pula on Croatia's Istrian Peninsula. A visit to the 1st century arena with a Local Specialist will unravel the city's historical role as a strategic location for the Romans, Ostrogoths, Venetians and Allied Forces in World War II. Later, we head to the fishing port of Rovinj, where we wander through the Old Town and witness it's Mediterranean influences. Return to Opatija for some free time. See the statuesque nymph, her hand outstretched to cradle a seagull as a symbol of this region, and admire the belle-epoque architecture.|
|Day 6||Stunning Plitvice||Off to Stunning Plitvice: The extraordinary natural beauty of Plitvice takes centre stage today as we embark on a guided walking tour with a Local Specialist along the wooden pathways that are suspended over these mesmerising natural landscapes. You'll enjoy an unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience as you admire the cascade of spectacular waterfalls and crystal-clear waters reflecting green, grey and blue against the lush landscapes. You'll feel the special significance of this place, which is undeniably one of Croatia's most beloved natural treasures and be grateful that through your visit you have helped to preserve it for generations to come. Thoroughly enchanted by the experience, you'll settle in for your overnight stay at Jezero Hotel, located in the very heart of the Plitvice Lakes National Park, a short stop from Kozjak, Plitvice's largest lake.|
|Day 7||Trogir and on to Split||Admire Historic Trogir and on to Split: Today, we visit the walled island of Trogir with a Local Specialist. The stone town is connected to the mainland and the island of Ciovo by bridges and will delight lovers of art, and Renaissance, Baroque and Romanesque architecture. We continue our journey to Split, where we'll join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour and Dive Into Culture when we visit Diocletian's Palace, built for the emperor's retirement. Spend the evening on your own, or join an Optional Experience to enjoy traditional Dalmatian flavours.|
|Day 8||Split||Split Your Way: Delve into centuries of heritage on this free day in Split. Consider a full-day Optional Experience to one of the Dalmatian islands. Ascend the bell tower for magnificent views of the sprawling terracotta roofs and white marble facades that edge on to the Adriatic, or savour the city's delicious gastronomy at cafes tucked away in hidden lanes.|
|Day 9||Dubrovnik||Continue to Dubrovnik: The impressive walls of Dubrovnik beckon, but not before we stop to admire the extraordinary walled city of Ston, with its dramatic views and laid-back fishing village atmosphere. Dive Into Culture and visit Europe's oldest salt pans where you'll hear how salt has been harvested here since ancient times. We continue to Dubrovnik this evening.|
|Day 10||Iconic Dubrovnik||Explore Iconic Dubrovnik: Tread in the footsteps of Lord Byron and George Bernard Shaw, who were intoxicated by the allure of Dubrovnik. With your Local Specialist, you'll embark on a Small Group Sightseeing tour past the Rector's Palace, Onofrio's Fountain and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, before spending time on your own. As our journey comes to an end, join your travel companions for a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 11||Dubrovnik||Farewell Dubrovnik: Our time together comes to an end this morning after breakfast. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Gratuities: You have the option to pre-pay the gratuities for your Travel Director and Driver. Please speak with your travel agent.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class